6/22/09

Turner Falls...

A few weekends ago we went to Turner Falls. This is a really fun and beautiful place. There are lots of places to hike, camp, swim, and there is one huge waterfall which is really cool. We even came across an old castle that someone used to actually live in. Of course, it's not complete anymore, but it's still amazing. It's all old stone and you have to walk up a million steps to get to it. We did have a bit of a scare though. Gabriel decided to start going down the stairs very quickly and tripped. Both Alberto and I saw it coming and was yelling at him to slow down. I just knew he was dead. We saw him go tumbling down the stairs. I was really scared. My legs were shaking so bad I could hardly walk. Alberto made it to him first. Luckily he went sideways and tumbled most of the way down on a hill and not the steps. He was pretty bloody and cut up though. He looked like a bear had attacked him. He had scratches and cuts everywhere. I am so thankful he didn't bust his head open or break anything. I immediately got him down to the stream to try and clean him up. He was a bit shaken. It's so unlike him to be the daredevil. He is normally my rule follower and is very apprehensive about things. I guess boys will be boys. We had his friend Joey with us and it was so cute how Joey kept saying "Dude, are you okay?" When we had to pass the steps to go back to the car later that day, Gabriel wouldn't even look at them. LOL! We really had a fantastic trip and look forward to going back and camping out or renting one of the cabins.

2 comments:

mandy said...

Isn't Turner Falls the best? You'll have to let me know if you end up renting a cabin sometime - I've always wanted to do that!

Teena in Toronto said...

I hope he's okay.

Looks like a fun place!